Sunday, December 05, 2021

'Tis the Season... In the Bleak Midwinter - a live performance by Jeff Van Devender


Fall of 2017 saw a new release on the JavaMusiK label by me, Jeff Van Devender. Usually, my piano works have been released under the Jeffrey van D moniker. My specialty albums have come out, however, using my given name - Jeff Van Devender. To date, I have released two specialty albums, "Yuletide Reflections" (Christmas/Holiday fare) and "Evensong Meditation" (Hymn/Folksong Melodies)in addition to the four released by "Jeffrey van D."

Following the release of Yuletide Reflections, I did a series of concerts capped off by a final show for the Season in the church I grew up in - Central United Methodist Church in my Iowa hometown of Oskaloosa, Iowa. This was to be the final full-fledged concert my mother ever saw me perform, aside from little private events at her care facilities she lived in. I miss her dearly.

"In the Bleak Midwinter" is a favorite Christmas song of mine. The somewhat haunting melody suggests a mindset of inner reflection, perhaps painted with a light snow for a backdrop. I love playing this and am particularly pleased with the arrangement I happened upon along with my producer, Brett Wilson. I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoy playing this beautiful melody.


Yuletide Reflections can be heard all the way through
-on YouTube
-on Spotify
-on Apple Music
-and other streaming services.
-CD available for purchase by contacting us here.

Thank you for listening.
JavaMusiK

No comments: