Monday, June 14, 2004

BloG #13: There Is Superstition....

  • Scroll down to see the BloG #13 Indie Artist Pick

    BloG #13: #13: #13....

    Well, I must say, this number certainly has it's anomolies.
    Thankfully, I have found my way out of the cycle which used to haunt me, but for a time....

    Friday the 13th:
    I'm not going to go into details of the stories this date has befell me in the past. Dredging them up here wouldn't do anybody any good - especially me. However, there was about a 7 year period where I nearly got to the point where I didn't want to leave the house, just to make it through a Friday the 13th.

    Interestingly, looking back at this period, there was not enough stories to warrant such a silly phobia. In fact, I can only think of 2 or 3 which all happened on the same Friday the 13th. Considering this all started nearly 25 years ago, my memory is no longer vivid enough to dwell there anymore. But in my own defense, those 2 or 3 incidents on the same day did spook this young buck pretty good.

    That's about enough for this BloG. I wouldn't have brought it up at all, but since the number 13 only comes up once, I figured - what the heck??? Why not?



    JavaMusiK - Piano-Based Instrumentals from Western Slope, CO

  • A feature recently added to The JavaMusiK BloG has been to highlight an independent artist who we feel deserves our recommended attention.

  • This BloG issue's Indie Artist Pick is Europica - Reggae from Bedford, England

  • Peter Romanowski is a bassist from Bedford, England. After playing in bands for some years in and around his home town Pete decided to write some of his own songs. In Europica you will find mostly reggae and a few other genres too.

  • We found Pete/Europica lingering on the boards at FunEnder.com. It wasn't long before we began to notice Europica's unique banner on many friend's playlists. So naturally, we checked out the music and found a uniquely appealing form of Reggae that cannot be heard just once. The groove quickly gets under your skin 8-) and you HAVE to hear it again! Another thing we noticed about Europica Pete is the genuine interest he takes in fellow indie musicians. His propensity to help others makes Peter Romanowski the person a very likeable fellow indeed!

  • We recommend giving a listen to Will you be my Brother? with fellow Indie musicians Jason Didner & Ed Drury and The Journey Home.

    Congratulations Reter Romanowski - Europica!


  • Europica - Reggae from Bedford, England



  • If you are an artist or band who would like to be listed and featured in The JavaMusiK BloG, e-mail us and we will get you listed. All Featured Artist Picks are chosen from FriendZ of JavaMusiK.

  • No comments: